Monday 17 November 2008

Today..

..Gandaman went to the North for 9 days to visit the Medair programmes. Lonely Gandalady. Gandalady feeling sorry for herself. However: now I get to indulge in some experimental cookery and read for as long as I like in bed.

..We vaccinated 65 children at baby clinic. My favourite name today was a little boy called "Godlives".

..I ate my first deep-fried grasshopper. It was delicious, similar to roast chicken flavour crisps, give or take a disquieting stringiness. "Hmm," said Emma as she tucked in (Glory was too suspicious). "They are nice and yucky."

5 comments:

Marie said...

I agree with Emma. Salty and fatty = good. Crunchy in weird ways and legs stuck in your teeth = bad.

Le laquet said...

Oh, ok, well that could certainly qualify as a weird food in the flickr food meme that's doing the rounds at the moment! Ick!

Ms Mac said...

Disquieting stringiness. Sounds like celery. I'd rather eat deep fried grasshopper.

BaronessBlack said...

In my opinion you're better off with the flying ants. You pull off the wings and thorax bit and just eat the fat back bit. Once they're cooked they just taste like the carbonised bits you get round the edges of barbequed meat. Really not bad!

RE said...

I recently had some fried grasshoppers in Oaxaca. They old me to try the small ones because they were fresher. Apparently the small ones sell faster than the larger ones so they have to keep frying up a batch. It was incredibly...salty!