Thursday 20 November 2008

Grumpy trousers

It has been a couple of weeks now since the start of the 'blog more' rule and already I am beginning to flag. What can I tell you? Let's think.

Firstly I have a horrible cold which is making me grumpy and ratty. But it is not as bad as Baby K's, whose nose is a permanent dripping tap, so much so that the skin on her upper lip is red and sore. She doesn't have a temperature, but she looks so sorry and sad I want to take her to the doctor. They would almost certainly not give her anything (apart from concerned eyebrows), but it might make me feel better. My poor baby. Did you know she can crawl and has 2 teeth?

Also the microwave is broken. Of all household appliances this is the one I love the most, and now this infidelity. We eat nothing but re-heated rice* pretty much. How do you re-heat rice without a microwave?

*with bits added

7 comments:

BaronessBlack said...

Oh! Me, me! I know this one! You put the rice in a sieve over a pan of boiling water and it kind of steams it.
Or you could always move to pasta.......

Marie said...

I concur with the Baroness. And I miss Baby K. And you, but mainly baby K.

Rebecca said...

Yes, definitely steam it. Sorry you're feeling low with Gandaman away. Best remedy for a cold: a few thin slices of fresh ginger, a good squeeze of lemon and a generous teaspoon of honey, add hot water and drink. Yummy and effective.

Le laquet said...

Stir fry it in a wok?

Sorry you/she/everyone is/are "poorly-bad" (there's Welsh for you!)

Mickle in NZ said...

Just don't follow my Mum's example (yonks back) and use a plastic sieve. Melted plastic and rice ain't nice.

Very sincere thank yous for the bloglink to Cakewrecks - just brilliant.

Word veri = wroning. So close and yet so far.....

Pedro said...

And do keep blogging... I check you every day!

More on the Dawkins thing perhaps? I promise to make time to give you feedback.

Lots of love
Pedro

RE said...

I'm with Jo...stir frying, add egg, no really, that's how they make a fried rice dish in Jakarta....add other bits and you're done.