Sunday 2 March 2008

Two totally unconnected stories

Wow!

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm sorry to have been away for a few days, but in case you were thinking this business idea was a case of all mouth and no trousers, have a look at this.

Eva made these dresses and Lexie the Excellent took these photos. It took her an entire morning in sweltering heat, and all she wanted in return was a few glasses of water. I supplied the gorgeous supermodels. Like what you see? Let me know. We have some friends going back to the UK on 14th March so your order could be fulfilled in record time.

OK, enough sales schpiel (at least for 5 minutes.) Did you know UB40 have just performed here in Kampala? Did you know that not many international pop bands manage the African circuit? It made the front page of the national newspaper. They mentioned in their report that

"Security personnel, comprising mostly of hulking bouncers were left with no choice but to use stun guns in order to prevent silver section ticket holders from surging over the stage barrier."
Stagedivers. That'll teach yer.

Name 3 UB40 hits and I'll give you an ice cream.

10 comments:

Wendy van Amerongen said...

Love the dresses! And the girls wearing them of course... Wow, what a beautiful models! And I'm feeling like an "old aunty" when I'm saying: man, they've grown! but I still do say it... ;-)

Keep up the good work and the nice blogging!

Greetings,
Wendy

Marie said...

Red Red Wine
Homely Girl
I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Where is my ice cream?

I saw Maxi Priest in Kampala. No stun guns as far as I know, but they did film Rebecca, her friend and me, and project us onto huge screens by the stage, due to the curiosity factor of three white girls having turned up to the gig.

PS great photos x

clarey b said...

The dresses look gorgeous (and the girls of course!) Where's the fabric from...!!?? xx

PS see next marathon email!!

Anne said...

Dresses are lovely. How do I order, do you cover Belgium?

Tooting bird said...

Big greetings back Wendy!

M: I knew you would answer that one. You could also have had
Rat in mi kitchen
Cherie O Baby
Ivory Madonna
Ice cream on its way..flavour?

Thanks Clare, mate
x

Fantastic Anne! You are our first customer. I will be in touch. Yes, we do Belgium.

Ms Mac said...

I knew the rat in mi kitchen one. Do I get bonus sprinkles?

ps. How beautiful are your girls?

AS said...

How divine the little cherubs look.

The dresses are fab - signme up for 2 of your finest gowns straight away.

Lovely to see and read how well you are doing. Can we have a preg update - due date/sex/kick count etc

Lots of love

The Arvonistas

Kaddy said...

They're delicious (girls and dresses) put me down for two. One for Lobster (I guess take Emziebundle's measurements) and one for Ella Boo who is just about to turn one and is most chunksome! How do we pay? Can you mail me? Have been thinking about you loads but didn't know how to get in touch. How's the tum? Love you. Kx

Marie said...

Chocolate chip please!

Helen said...

Fabulous dresses and your girls look sooooo beautiful!! We'd love a dress for Izzy - nearly 16 months, but loves her food so much that she's already into 18-24 month clothes! Not sure how best to get in touch with you about measurements, payment etc as don't have your email address? Lots of love, Helen x