Friday 21 March 2008

Guess the mystery object!


I know. It looks like a loaf of bread. But it is in fact, one of these:





an emergency home delivery kit! Just in case I don't make it to the hospital in time. It's been fascinating studying its contents, and I'm not the only one to have had a nosey - see the tiny hands?

Not that baby has given me the slightest indication that s/he is about to come out. Although I have a week til my due date, I am getting a bit crazed with impatience. I have never had a late baby before - Emma arrived on her due date like a Swiss train, and Gloria was 8 days early. There is a first time for everything I suppose. I could always give myself an appendectomy with the instruments if I get that bored.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dearest Auntie L , I am waiting with bated breath....Esther was 10 days late !! and Grace came on due date BB late - I hope it is quick and easy - thinking if you so much ..what is your tel ? we went skiing for the day - only 1 hour from LA -god bless california xxx love sis

Rebecca said...

That looks a bit scary. And as the only trained medical personnel will be the one on her back, who is expected to know what to do with it? I recommend not staying at home until you can see the baby's head!

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.