Friday 21 December 2007

Avos anyone?

We've moved into our house, and to quote my best friend EG, 'you can swing quite a number of cats in there.' The avocado tree is an excellent fruiter, and every morning the lawn is littered with about 30 of them, each the size of a newborn baby's head. I've been running out of creative ways of giving them away. I visited our former neighbours this morning (the shack dwellers over the chicken wire) with a huge bagful, and I think it was a good ice breaker. One guy said, in excellent English (noting that my Luganda extends to one phrase), "You are most welcome and thank you for the fruit!". I almost burst into tears - not sure why. I'll be back, I think.



I have been trying to upload a pic of the garden but the connection is working against me.. it is still a struggle to adjust from Switzerland, where Everything Works, All The Time, to Uganda, where Some Things Work, Some Of The Time. It would be especially nice if Some Things would work First Time JUST FOR ONCE.



So no garden photo, but here's a sweet one anyway:

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh, Ugandan people are so lovely. That just reminded me.