Friday 3 October 2008

A moan about school.

No posts for a long time, sorry. For once I am not entirely to blame: Blogger repeatedly refused to recognise my name and password. I mean, not recognise me? Moi? After all these years? That hurts. There is also something fishy going on with google and gmail and whatever. Blogger teccies I am not happy, if ever you read me..

I digress.

I have also been consumed with momentous things, like Emma's first day at big school. I felt pretty emotional, as if the credits were rolling on the Baby And Toddler Years. No time for wistfulness, though, as quick as a flash we're into the years of The School Run. Why did no-one tell me about this? The military timetable from 6.30am. The fights. We have four before we leave the house: 1) Eating breakfast, 2) getting dressed 3) brushing teeth 4) brushing hair. In the car we have fight number 5) listening to the radio. I have banned listening to the radio, as it is unsuitable for children. Constant Mr LoverLover Man, I wanna love you tonight type pop tunes, as well as some Heimlich manoeuvre explicit adverts. An example. "Are you sensuous? Passionate? Then maybe you should consider Ohhh! Condoms!" Did I mention this is 0730 on a work day? Emma always wants to listen to it and gets annoyed when turn it off, purse my lips, and tighten my corset.

Home schooling is looking more attractive.

4 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

No so nice radio stuff, and you are far enough away to not be tortured by The Wiggles and HiFive, or do you need this type of rescue?
Let me know, will do my damnest to send such to you.

What the heck works on a loving 10 year old rescue cat??? Besides roast lamb?

Rebecca said...

Welcome back! Fortunately we don't have the fights (much) as they've been going to nursery for a good while now, but don't you have a CD player in your car? I recommend some talking books for the school run, but I'm not so worried about the music: you should hear Joaquim's rendition of Rehab. Priceless. He starts big school in January, sniff.

Rebecca said...

One more thing, totally unrelated, Marie is coming to Uganda and would like to see you. She sent you an email a while back, but no response, so you could always leave a message on her blog. I'm VERY jealous.

Minks said...

I overheard Ezra singing "your sex is on fire" the other day. Oh dear.