Sunday 3 February 2008

Glorious Gloria turns two!


Yes, it was Glorymouse's birthday on Jan 11th. We had a fantastic party, but unfortunately the photos from it contained too much nudity - hey, we're in the tropics ok? - and I didn't want to end up on a police register.
There was frolicking in the garden. There were loads of other children. There was splashing in the paddling pool (hence the nudity.) And I made a half-decent, unsaggy cake for once, though I did have to sandwich 2 flat halves together to make it a reasonable size. (The moral of this story is: the size of the cake tin does matter.)
Glory got a wodge of lovely presents...and the best present of all she gave us, by deciding to pottytrain herself a week before her birthday. Clever mouse!

5 comments:

Helen C said...

Happy birthday Gloria! So glad you had fun! Your cake sounds much better than the one I made for Izzy's first b'day - it had such a hole in the middle, I had to fill it up with chocolate buttons and then ice over the top!

Sorry not to have replied before. I'm really enjoying your blogs - I reckon someone ought to give you a book deal.

love Helen

jayitaly@gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations for everything. I'm an old friend of Robert's and had totally lost touch with what you were doing. Rupert gave me your blog site and I have spent the last 2 days catching up with you guys. You write really well-keep going.
I have laughed and cried over your attics and my 10 year old daughter will blame me for not getting a good grade today as I was too busy reading to help her with her homework last night. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi Lizzie,

Long time no speak. I enjoyed your *attics* too... sounds like it has been a bit of a hair-raising emotional rollercoaster of late. Are you feeling as if you're over the bumps a little now?

We are well: I'm five months gone so we are expecting in mid-late June. Andy v excited about being a dad and already planning romps. He's just opened in a West End show (till May) so things feel a bit more stable too. How is Rob & his work? Sorry to have been pants at staying in touch lately - your blog is a great way to catch up.

Blessings,
Rach xx

jayitaly@gmail.com said...

sorry for the typo. keep us updated with your antics Jayxx

Tooting bird said...

Cheers, Jay and Helen C, thanks for the encouragement.
Rach!! Congratulations!! How exciting.. do you have an email address I can get you on for all the details?