Saturday 9 May 2009

Where to start?

Thanks, everyone for your lovely comments. It makes a girl feel loved when she's miles away from home! You are a kind bunch.

I am racking my brains for things to write about but they are not coming...except in a kind of panicy, jumbled mess. I said in my last post that I wasn't quite in the departure lounge - perhaps I am now. Hence the panic.

Topping the list of anxieties: where will Emma go to school? My pal Jo gave me the names of some good ones, so I parked that worry for a bit, thinking "I'll just go and visit each of them when we get back." (I couldn't imagine signing her up for a place that I've never seen. ) Then of course, I realised it'll be the school holidays. Great for assessing whether you think the children and staff are happy.

Another anxiety: how exactly do I go back to work? My nursing registration lapsed a while back, so I would need to do a Return to Nursing course. It's only three months, so not a big deal, but here's the rub - to get on the course, you need a job. How do I get a job without being registered? I'm sure there's a solution here, but my poor pregnancy-addled brain can't see it.

And here's another thing. R has applied for another job overseas. If he gets it, then all the above will be irrelevant. There are several more hoops to jump through, so this is by no means a done deal.

Maybe a cream cake will give me some clarity?

6 comments:

Marie said...

Did I miss the bit where you got pregnant again? Surely my memory is not that bad.

(a) congratulations
(b) do you willfully time all of your pregnancies for moving country?
(c) congratulations again, it's worth saying twice.

M x

Rebecca said...

Or are you referring to past pregnancies? we are on tenterhooks! Congrats just in case, and don't stress, all will be well! xxx

BBH said...

YES ANSWER IMMEDIATELY. I think you are referring to pregnancies in the past, because if not, you are in major trouble (again) for such a casual announcement. Please clarify.
BBH x

Sarah said...

are you preg??? need answers love Sis xxx

BBH said...

ps roll on July 17th

littlewarthog said...

I refuse to be hoodwinked. Surely not..? You'd better fess up on thursday (if not before!)