Monday 8 December 2008

My eldest daughter is officially a genius

Emma's first school report arrived on Friday. Emma's first school report? She's AT SCHOOL? I had a baby? How did that happen? (I am in a permanent state of shock about the passage of time.)

The good news is that she's learning to read and can sound out 3 letter words. She can also write them down. Like her mother, she finds numbers and problem-solving a bit hard. But it was the 'creative development' section of the report that really set my heart on fire. Listen to this:

"Emma can sit and colour in for long periods of time. She can often be found by the painting easel creating fantastic self portraits." You see? Her art is fantastic, she is fantastic. I knew that already, but don't you agree?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I DO agree! Fantastic! Joaquim's self-portraits are usually limited to a face in the pilot's window of a large and fast plane. Obviously another high-flier (arf arf)!

RE said...

very sweet!

Le laquet said...

I agree, she is a genius. Fabulous art :o)

Helen said...

I agree too - and fab that she loves drawing so much!

Have a great Christmas. Sorry have been so useless about emailing you with our news - promise to do better in 2009

Helen (in Balham) x

Unknown said...

I fully agree, she is a genius! Pity you can not frame it.