Sunday 4 May 2008

Chop, chop

Gloria and Emma have had their hair cut. They both sat quietly and compliantly for the hairdresser, no need for the usual blackmail with sweeties and ice cream. It was over in minutes.

All this would have been great only mummy was absent, the hairdresser in question was 4 years old and the result was....jaw-dropping. On one side, Glory looked like a normal toddler: on the other, her hair had been all but hacked away apart from the fringe and rat's tail at the back. Think East Germany. Think Limahl from Kajagoogoo, those of you over thirty. Emma got away slightly better with some thatchwork at the fringe - the same fringe I've been growing out for months.

Don't ask for photos. I am traumatised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offence,but I am giggling,coz it reminds me of an ep in the earliest 70's when our mother went with us to the hairdresser to get this cut that looks as if you had a soupbowl on your head.
Back home my sis decided she didn't like it and cut her fringe back ,shorter even than Dave Hill's from Slade:) Mum had to go to the hairdressers again and my sis came back looking like a boy,to even it out the hairdresser saw no other way than to chop it all off:)

Rebecca said...

Oh dear. Um, it'll grow back? Short hair is nicer in the heat? As a last resort, Kampala is a good place to buy hair extensions and I'm sure Gloria would look glorious in braids!

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh dearie me
now give them cuts to match katherine? too harsh!
And I've thought my home style fringe cuts to self have been bad.....
i send caring love, and many loving huggles to Mummy Scho

Michelle in Wgtn, NZ