Thursday 17 April 2008

The future's bright, the future's..pink

As mentioned in a previous post, the Scho's have now finished their breeding bonanza.* Three children is just dandy, now the shop is shut. While a little boy would have been very exciting and rather novel, baby K is such a cutie it's already hard to imagine the world without her.

As far as oestrogen-heavy families goes, it seems we're not alone. Just in Ganda, our friends L&F have 3 girls, B&D 4 girls (and 1 boy), E&L 2 girls, S&F 2 girls, I&J 2 girls 1 boy. Back home the record stands at C&M's 5 girls (and 1 on the way, sex unknown), but the pattern continues.

Where are all the men children? Is there something in the water?

*still, it's dangerous to make pronouncements like this. As my friend Dan puts it, "the stork is always listening."

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Phew, it's a good job I had all those baby boys to keep the balance!

Rebecca said...

I'm also doing my best. Two so far. I was rather hoping you'd have a boy so that I could be hopeful about having a girl next time around. But my boys are also seriously outnumbered here in Pemba: almost everyone else has a tendency towards girls. A guardian article yesterday pointed towards consumption of lots of bananas being linked to boys. In that case, Uganda should be full of boys!

Anne said...

Dear Lizzie,

I want to pay you for the beautiful dress (http://www.belgianwaffle.net/?p=1111) but you are ignoring my emails (or else minding three small children in a foreign country). Can you please send me your IBAN so that I can pay you before I expire from guilt.

Yours gratefully,

Anne